Sunday, May 20, 2007

looking for a good nursing home for my mum

i went to united medicare center this afternoon, met the director of the place mdm lai, she showed me around the place and gave me the price list... $1.6k 6 bed in a room, $1.7k 4 bed, $1.8k 4 bedroom with veranda... did not realise the costs could be so high!

asked the Mdm lai, if there is any way around it then she say can get subsidy from government but must pass the means test. the subsidy granted may be in the order od 25-50-75%-PA where PA denotes public assistance which means 100% free.

the director even suggested renting out my home unit to 2 of her nurses at $200/mth to offset the costs, cos my home is just 4 minutes away from it.

then later i went to visit my mum at TTSH , and told her abt it, cos my take home pay is only abt $2.1k nia, and my brother isnt contributing at the moment (will psycho/scold him to contribute), btw he's a student at NUS studying masters/PhD. not earning much.
mum does not really like the idea of renting out the spare room in my flat cos its a bit the small and quite dusty/hot, for me i actually like the idea of having 2 hot nurses staying around with me leh! sigh... dilemma dilemma....

anyway i asked the staff nurse at the ward, she told me that only 4 choices for subsidised rehabilitation, amk community hospital, st luke, kwong wai shu, brightview...hmm... i think amk has the best facilities among them all right? but she also says that these places can only stay for a maximum of 4 weeks. overstaying will be subjected to really exorbitant prices (class B1) prices.


end of ranting....

No comments: